Chef Tom Severs with Collin College Culinary Arts provided Cougar News with a healthy and delightful recipe for two that’s ready to eat in 20 minutes.
Pan Roasted Salmon with Quinoa Pilaf and Spring Greens
Yields 2 portions
- 2 / 4 oz. pieces. Salmon, Atlantic boneless skinless filet
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 oz. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Combine the spices and season the salmon
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a sauté pan, when hot add the salmon skin side down into the oil mixture and brown on both sides. Cook until the salmon is slightly pink in the middle, (this will depend on the thickness of the filets) just don’t overcook.
- 1 tsp. Minced Shallots
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 5-6 oz. Chicken Broth
- 2 oz. Quinoa
- 1/8 tsp. White pepper ground
- Pinch Thyme leaves dried
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
Toast the quinoa for 3-5 min. over med-low heat to develop flavor, don’t burn.
- In a small sauce pan sweat the shallot and garlic in the olive oil, add the quinoa and broth and bring just to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients blend and cover, simmer approximately 15 min. or until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and hold.( Cook the Quinoa and hold before you start the Salmon)
- 3 oz. Spring Salad Mix
- 1 oz. Your favorite vinaigrette made with olive oil.
In the center of your plate put a round of quinoa and place the salmon on top
Mix your salad mix with enough vinaigrette to coat the leaves and place on the plate next to the salmon, enjoy!