At the height of its popularity and accessibility, photography is an every day event for many college students. Collin College professor of photography Mike McKee suggests the following tips for taking the best picture possible.
1. Fill the frame of your camera with the subject you want to talk about. Only show enough background to enhance the subject. Use your feet to zoom in or out. This will point the viewer to what you are trying to show.
2. Turn the flash off. These days, most cameras have the ability to make a good exposure of anything you can see. This will make the light natural and more interesting.
3. Hold the camera still. Make the relative movement between the camera and the subject as little as possible. This will give you sharp images.
4. Don’t be afraid to shoot 10 photos to get one. If you are shooting digitally, this will cost you nothing. You can always delete them later.
5. Have fun and experiment! Get feedback. Share them with your friends and family.