Make a difference in the lives of Collin County’s elderly population by participating in the “Spring In To Action” Meals on Wheels Food Drive, Monday, March 16 – Thursday, April 2.
The food drive is organized by the All College Council and benefits the Collin County Committee on Aging Meals on Wheels program. More information about the program is available at http://mowcc.com .
Collin College students, faculty and staff can donate boxes of food at collection locations on four different campuses: Room 339 at the Collin Higher Education Center; A-104 at Central Park Campus; 420L at the Courtyard Center Campus; L116 at Preston Ridge Campus; D-140 at Spring Creek Campus.
Individual item or full box donations will be accepted, but full boxes are preferred. To aid in stacking and transportation, copy paper boxes, banker boxes or other boxes measuring 17 inches wide by 11 inches long and 10 inches deep work best. Donors are encouraged to decorate their boxes, although that is not a requirement.
Requested items that fit in one box:
- One small box of cereal
- Two 5-ounce cans of white chicken breast meat
- Two two-packs of tuna lunch kits or four individual tuna cans
- Two pull-top cans of vegetables (no corn and low-sodium or sodium-free)
- One 2.05-ounce (four- or three-pack) of individual microwaveable containers of low sodium cup-o-soup or macaroni and cheese
- One box of unflavored instant oatmeal (10 to a box)
- One 10-ounce microwaveable complete meal (found on grocery shelf with other non-refrigerated food; No frozen meals); Turkey with hearty vegetable and chicken and noodles recommended
- One 10-ounce jar of jelly (low sugar or sugar free)
- One 18-ounce jar of creamy peanut butter
- Liquid shower gel or liquid hand soap
- One pack of toilet paper rolls (four to a pack)
- Two boxes of 110-count Kleenex tissues
- One bottle of hand lotion
- One package of 4-ounce mixed fruit in light syrup, apple sauce or sugar-free pudding (four to a pack)
- One box of cereal bars or soft granola bars (low sugar; six- or eight-count per box)
- Extras: postage stamps, envelopes and packages of assorted greeting cards
Full boxes cost about $25 to complete, but individual items will be gladly accepted at any of the drop-off locations. To donate directly to Meals on Wheels and Senior Services, log onto http://mowcc.com and click the “Donate Now” link.
Contact ACC@Collin.edu with questions about the program or how to donate.